Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Deeper meaning.

I poured bleach on my thumb this evening. It had no effect on my hand beyond making my thumbnail smell like a freshly-scrubbed tile floor, but it seemed like the thing to do in the moment.

Earlier this afternoon, I chewed on a styrofoam peanut for a little bit. Same deal. No thought went into it at all.

When I woke up this morning, I lifted the register cover off of the heat vent and set it on the counter for a while. Then I put it back.

We all do things without thinking. We all make moves we don't plan. When we reflect on the decisions later, they seem like they were taken out of context, out of the context of the rational minds we know them to have come from.

Then again, I might be reading too much into this; maybe I'm the only person out there with a bleached thumb and styrofoam stuck in the back of my throat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home