Monday, November 22, 2004

Au revoir.

The web made this internet a strange place. Communication changed. We have hyperlinked profiles, hyperlinked friends' pages and photos and sweet background images and then some. Where we used to have personality, now we have fashion.

But it helps you recognize a person.

Now twice in the past ~month, I've accidentally hit on the blog of an old, lost friend while playing around online. What to make of that? These are both people who, without this voyeuristic web culture, without the online diary craze, would have been lost to me forever. Odd.

It's like goodbyes hardly exist anymore. You can Google them years later and say hello again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of old, lost friends...

I've been doing a fair amount of web stalking myself.

hope all is well

-Jeremy Schwartz

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't seem to find my old lost friends on the internet. They were never really information aged anyway. Every so often I entertain that fantasy of hiring a private investigator to hunt them down.
Just another way to cope with surrendering that dream.

Z

3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://qevcuckw.com/ptep/fika.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://peugbrhf.com/hmxd/lifl.html]Cool site[/url]

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home